How To Do It All And Look On Point
Oct 30, 2019
Weather you are in high school or college, you are experiencing a time in your life where there is so much to do. There are exams, ball games, parties, family events, work, school and extracurriculars. And then there are all the other fun things you want to do like go to the movies or take a road trip with your friends.
It is hard to fit all these things into a 24 hour day, but it is possible and I am going to explain how to do this like a boss.
So here we go….
- Prioritize. You have to know what things are most important to you because there will be a time where you do have to pick one or the other and in order to do so you must have your priorities straight. This might take some time to figure out. Make a list of all the things that you want to do and then go back and rank them in order from most to least important. When you do this make sure you include sleep, exercise and downtime. For me, I will tell you that my family is a priority, but if I do not get sleep I am not a good person (I know me) so I have to make sleep a priority because if not I turn in to physco.
- Schedule. Having a schedule may be the least sexy thing to do at your age, but a schedule allows you to do everything that you want to do. For example, if I know that I want to go on a road trip with my friend next weekend I know that there are certain things I will have to get done before Friday night in order to go. So I will put the road trip on my calendar (because it is a priority) and mark all the time I am going to be gone so that I know not to schedule anything else. Then I am going to plan when I am going to study. Do not go on the road trip if you have not completed your homework. This is called adulting or parenting yourself. Plan to get all the work done before your trip. You will have a much better time if you leave for your trip with a clean slate. So that means scheduling time to do your homework and study.
- Exercise and Eat Right! If you skip these two things there is no way that you will be able to do all the things you want to. You will be able to keep it up for a while, but then you will crash and burn. Your body is a machine that requires fuel in order for it to produce excellent work. What is eating right? No flour, no sugar. Keep your drinks to water, coffee and tea-- of course with no sugar. What is good exercise? 20-30 minutes of hard core training a day. You can do HITT or join a program like Beachbody, which is what I do and love.
- Sleep. Again, if you do not take care of the machine that is your body, you will not be able to do all the things. If you are not getting 8ish hours of sleep a night you body will start to deplete and you will end up sick. And trust me, you will not be going on a road trip with your friend this weekend if you are barfing. So get your sleep. This is the hardest thing to do in college because you have class early and a social life or work that requires you to stay up late. If you can not get 8 hours at night try for at least 6 and take a nap during the day.
- Look the Part. This might come across as a bit vain, but so much of having the life you want is looking like you want to look. When my hair and makeup are done and I am wearing a nice outfit, my confidence is through the roof. I feel like I could do anything. When I am wearing my athletic shorts and a long sleeve t-shirt I feel super comfortable, but I do not want to be up in front of people. The takeaway here is that you want to present yourself in a way that gives you confidence. I am aware of the big shirts little shorts trend right now. Even though it is cute, it is not really how you want your teachers, other students and professors to see you. Everyone you meet is a potential future employer- so dress like it.
Many people will tell you in college that you can or can’t do certain things and that you do not have time to do it all. I beg to differ. I live a life that is FULL. People say that it is impossible to do all the things and to do a good job at all of them. I say that is a bad mindset and very untrue! The time that it will become impossible is when you get your priorities out of whack and start doing things that you do not want to do, or things that are not in your schedule. I will be talking more about scheduling later because it is really important that you learn how to do this like a pro while you are young and have a busy life.